Thursday, August 30, 2007

"highway to the danger zone"

i think one of the best places to observe humanity and its whims and fancies is being stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway commute everyday... you get to see such a wide variety of people, cars and people doing things in their car stuck in a jam .... :) for instance...

1. i have seen a nice middle aged man, trying to shave while driving at 40 mph in stop and go traffic ... (Hello!!!! dude .. if you are in a suicidal mood, please spare your fellow commuters the gory sight..)

2. I have seen ladies applying makeup in the right most lane stuck between two big rigs ... no offense to my species ...but i can never get myself to do it ...however many arguments one can put forth about how it's about using time efficiently ...but no thank you ... i don't want to be stuck in traffic with a mascara stick poking my eye ... if i have to hit the brakes once too often ... and I'm the brake jamming kinds :)

3. I have seen people reading a book(!!!) on the freeway driving at 50 mph ....how do you do it ... it has to be no mean feat I tell you...I tried it once in the safety net of my parking lot with no cars or lampposts around for miles ...but it gave me the "heebeedijeebies" :)


4. And here comes the big burger, murderer... ini kamoze would make big bucks on remixing his hot stepper song here ... I have tried this one .. eating while driving ...(only once though..becoz honest to god I was 2 hours late for a meeting!!!) and i call it the world class juggling act

and yesterday took the cake ...biker trying push up position on his sports bike going @ 80 miles per hour...I dedicate Kenny logins "danger zone" to him :)

No comments: